INGREDIENTS FOR KING OYSTER MUSHROOMS:
- 4 King Oyster Mushrooms
- ½ Cup Night Sauce
DIRECTIONS FOR KING OYSTER MUSHROOMS:
- Score the king oyster mushrooms along its sides with a fork
- Marinate the mushrooms for 1 hour in Night Sauce
- Place marinated mushrooms in oven at 350 degree to cook for 20-30 minutes until fully cooked.
- Serve along with Mushroom Farro Risotto
INGREDIENTS FOR MUSHROOM FARRO RISOTTO:
- 4 cups (1 quart) low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted plant-based butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (roughly 1 cup)
- 8oz chanterelle mushrooms (chopped)
- 8oz baby portobello mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnishing
- 1 and 1/2 cups Farro
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup almond or oat milk
- 1/8 Cup sundried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup grated Vegan Sharp white cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons Night Sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus
- 2 oz Fresh truffles
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped, for garnishing
- White Truffle infused olive oil
DIRECTIONS FOR MUSHROOM FARRO RISOTTO:
- Place the vegetable broth in medium saucepan and bring to a low simmer, while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a deep skillet, heat the butter & olive oil over medium heat until melted and lightly bubbling. Add the shallots, garlic and chopped mushrooms. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste along with fresh thyme. Sautee until mushrooms have a sear on them and shallots and garlic are translucent.
- Add the Sundried tomatoes and asparagus to the skillet and continue cooking for 5 minutes until tomatoes are softened and mushrooms are fully cooked.
- Add the farro and toast over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously. The farro will crackle lightly and the pan should be mostly dry.
- Add the white wine and Night sauce and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring regularly, or until the wine has been completely absorbed.
- Add the hot broth to the pot, stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a steady simmer, cover, and cook for 45 to 50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so, or until the farro is tender (it will naturally be slightly chewy in center) and the risotto is thick.
- Over low heat, add the grated cheese, shaved truffles, heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Remove the pot from heat, cover, and allow the risotto to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve Risotto with a garnish of finely chopped parsley, shaved truffles and freshly grated cheese, as desired.